Saturday, September 7, 2013

Flowers Speak

Today I was cleaning out our closet.  I came across a folder and found something I had written way back in October 2011.  I thought I would share it here.

     "Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child rests against his mother, My
       soul is like a weaned child within me".  Ps. 131:2

Child- like faith, child like trust.  Each time I go to God's word I want to have that child- like faith.  No assumptions, no opinions, just believing that His Word is true.  I want to come to His Word with child- like eyes.  Absorbing all He has for me.  Looking with anticipation and excitement.

When God asks me to step out and do something; I want to step out in obedience and fully trust Him. Like a child trusts her parents when she puts her hand in theirs as they cross a busy street.  I trust You Lord, all the way, all the time.  I put my hand in Your hand.

Obstacles come when I try to orchestrate and maneuver the path He has selected for me.  My own agenda gets in the way, along with my own pridefulness.  The hesitation comes in and my child- like responses go out the door.

One day in August 2011 God put a sweet friend, who had stage four cancer upon my heart.  He said "go visit her". He spoke and I quickly put aside that child like faith and began listing the reasons I shouldn't go. But the Holy Spirit kept prompting me and then said "go and take flowers".  Flowers? That's the last thing she needs Lord!  "Take Flowers".  I was reading, at the time, Psalm 131 about that child- like faith, so I went (remember this is after protesting!).  The selection for flowers on the North Shore is just about zero.  I stopped at the Foodland market which had about 5 bunches of flowers.  Great, and some were wilted.  My eyes were drawn to a bunch with bright yellow and orange. I decided to take them.  Then the Holy Spirit prompted me to take another bunch (this one had multiple colors).  As we were going to her home, I kept praying that God would give me something to share with her.  "Tell her about the flowers - the red ones signify the blood I shed for her, for she is precious in my sight.  The big white one in the center of the bunch is her assurance that she is cleansed and saved.  The green flowers show and remind her that she has grown much in her walk with me and I am well pleased.  The deep purple ones tell her I call her one of my own, one of my royal priesthood. She belongs to ME".  WoW!

I got to her home, but her husband said she was asleep.  I shared with him the purpose of the flowers and the words God had given me.  He said he would share it with her, but perhaps the message was for him, to bring comfort and reassurance. To remind him that God is in control and that his wife was going to be well taken care of.

All God requires of us is that child- like faith. To totally trust Him even when things don't make sense.




No comments:

Post a Comment