Wednesday, November 15, 2017

It's all in the timing

Genesis 18:14 "Is anything too difficult for the Lord?  At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah will have a son."

Nothing is too difficult for God, but when we look at our circumstances, the world, chaos around us
through our eyes, through our filtration system, all seems lost.  Despair sets in.  Anxiety fills us up.
How will I get it all done, this is so unfair, look at them!

But God says in the above scripture, "is ANYTHING", not some things, too difficult for God.  What
He's telling us is that absolutely nothing is too difficult for Him to accomplish in us, with us, and
through us.  Aaaahh but the caveat is in the next sentence "at the appointed time".  At whose
timing?  Mine, yours or theirs?  No, it's according to His timing.  Because He is all knowing, only He can say when things will change, when the circumstances will go in our favor.  This is the part
we don't like.  The waiting.  Are we sure God is in control?  Should I not take back the reins?  Should
I not sit in the pilots seat and direct each turn?

Sarah and Abraham laughed when told they would have a son in their very old age.  Personally I
would have fainted!  This seemed an impossibility, but not with God.  After He told them they
were going to have a little bundle of joy, He made them wait, quite a while (the appointed time).
Imagine what that was like.

Timing grates on me.  I want results now, not a year from now.  I want to see fruit from my efforts
now.  That way of thinking means I am in control, not the One who created me.

Timing is so important to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment