Friday, January 23, 2015

Workmanship

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."  Ephesians 2:10

Some times I read scripture and one word will jump out at me and cause me to ponder and chew on it.  In this scripture the word "workmanship" got my attention.  Perhaps it's because right now our home is undergoing some renovations.  We have the floor team fixing, sanding, matching and staining, then the drywall guys turning the ugly wall (which shows all the wiring and studs) into smooth pretty surfaces, then there's the plumbers and electricians connecting and making sure all their area of expertise works.  All these workmen are all needed and they need to do their job well.

I think of God creating me and doing it well - of course I'm not perfect and the body I have now is not ideal (LOL)!  But when I think of Him creating, I think of the special care, the loving care He took with each one of us.  He formed us into His likeness.  He didn't do it haphazardly just to get the job done, no the scripture says there was a purpose, lots of thought went into His creation, He had prepared all this "beforehand".  There was intent, purpose,love, planning all put together as He created us His "workmanship".

As I look at the workmen at my home I am praying they will work and create their portion of the renovation with the same workmanship God used.  He took His time, did a marvelous job all because He cared enough!  Now I must do my part - the good works He wants me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment